Current AffairsIndia

Situation continued to be grim with more than 80 persons still undergoing treatment due to food poisoning in which 11 people died yesterday

Mysuru, Dec 15 (IECurrentAffairs) The situation continued to be grim with more than 80 people undergoing treatment in various hospitals due to suspected food poisoning in which 11 people died yesterday.

The devotees who fell ill after partaking prasadam distributed after ground breaking ceremony and rituals at Maramma Temple at Sulwadi village in Hennur Taluk in Chamarajanagara District, were admitted to various hospitals in Mysuru and at Kollegal in Chamarajanagara District.

Those who died were identified as Papanna (70), Rachaiah (58), Shakthi Vel (40) Shantaraj (30), Gopiyamma (40), Anitha (12), Aannayappa (60), Shivu (30), Krishna Nayak (40), Doddamadiah (60) and Prithan (7) all of them from the various villages in Kollegal taluk of Chamarajanagara district.

The devotees had attended in rituals ahead of their visit to Om Shakti temple in Tamil Nadu. They also attended foundation laying ceremony for constructing a temple tower (gopura). The devotees were given rice ‘baath’ as prasada at around noon and few of them immediately started developing uneasiness and vomited. All most all who had eaten the prasadam fell ill and they were rushed to hospitals nearby.

The government has announced a compensation of Rs Five lakh to the family of the deceased.

Karnataka Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy, who rushed to the city late night from Chennai visited the hospitals and consoled family members of those dead.

The Chief Minister announced that a compensation of Rs 5 lakhs to each family of the deceased and the government will bear the medical expense of those undergoing treatment at various hospitals and directed the authorities to provide the best treatment available.

Mr Kumaraswamy said that he has ordered a probe into the incident. Two people have already been taken into custody for questioning in this connection.

Doctors attending to the patients at K.R. Hospital and Cheluvamba Hospital suspect that they may have eaten “food blended with poison used in pest control”.

Meanwhile the Chamarajnagara district administration has ordered closure of the Kuchhugude Marama temple and seized all cooking materials.

Deputy Commissioner B Cauvery, who visited the hospitals in the city, said the samples of food have sent for Laboratory for testing to know the actual reason for the incident.

Source
Via UNI-India
Show More

IE Team

We are on a mission, driven by our mantra ‘Journalism of Truth’. Our vision is to bring real stories of India and Indians to the people of India living in India and around the world. Our commitment to journalism is to make India a global masterpiece in socio-economic progress by exposing corruption, communalism and crimes.

Leave a Reply

Back to top button
Close
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker
%d bloggers like this: