Current AffairsWorld

It took seven minutes to kill Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi: Turkish Source

The story in short

Head of Forensics Saudi security believed to be have personally supervised the “cutting up” of Khashoggis body

Killer squad listened to music on their headphones while journalist was getting chopped up, while still alive

When I do this job, I listen to music. You should do [that] too,” Tubaigy (Head of Saudi forensics) was recorded as saying, Turkish source told MEE

Istanbul, Oct 17 (IENews) Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi was killed in seven minutes, a Turkish source who has listened to an audio recording of the last moments told Middle East Eye (MEE).

The source further revealed to the online news portal that Khashoggi was dragged from the consul-general’s office at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul and onto the table of his study next door.

“The consul himself was taken out of the room. There was no attempt to interrogate him. They had come to kill him,” the source told MEE.

The screaming stopped when Khashoggi – who was last seen entering the Saudi consulate on 2 October – was injected with an as yet unknown substance.

Salah Muhammad al-Tubaigy, who has been identified as the head of forensic evidence in the Saudi general security department, was one of the 15-member squad who arrived in Ankara earlier that day on a private jet.

Tubaigy began to cut Khashoggi’s body up on a table in the study while he was still alive, the Turkish source said.

The killing took seven minutes, the source said.

As he started to dismember the body, Tubaigy put on earphones and listened to music. He advised other members of the squad to do the same.

“When I do this job, I listen to music. You should do [that] too,” Tubaigy was recorded as saying, the source told MEE.

A three-minute version of the audio tape has been given to Turkish newspaper Sabah, but they have yet to release it.

Khashoggi was last seen entering the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on 2 October to retrieve paperwork.

To date, Saudi officials have strongly denied any involvement in his disappearance and say that he left the consulate soon after arriving. However, they have not presented any evidence to corroborate their claim and say that video cameras at the consulate were not recording at the time.

Tags
Show More

IE Team

We are on a mission, driven by our mantra ‘Journalism of Truth’. Our vision is to bring real stories of India and Indians to the people of India living in India and around the world. Our commitment to journalism is to make India a global masterpiece in socio-economic progress by exposing corruption, communalism and crimes.

Leave a Reply

Back to top button
Close
Close

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker
%d bloggers like this: