New Delhi, Oct 10 (IENews) The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved Memorandum of Cooperation between India and Finland on Environmental Cooperation.
The Memorandum of Cooperation will enable establishment and promotion of closer and long-term cooperation between the two countries in the field of environment protection and management of natural resources on the basis of equity, reciprocity and mutual benefits, taking into account the applicable laws and legal provisions in each country.
The Memorandum of Cooperation is expected to bring in the latest technologies and best practices suited for bringing about better environment protection, better conservation, and better management of climate change and wildlife protection/conservation.
The areas of cooperation under this Memorandum of Cooperation shall include:
- Air and water pollution prevention and purification, remediation of contaminated soils;
- Waste management including hazardous wastes, and waste-to-energy technologies;
- Promotion of circular economy, low-carbon solutions and sustainable management of natural resources including forests.
- Climate change;
- Environmental and Forest monitoring and data management;
- Conservation of Marine and Coastal Resources;
- Integrated water management of Oceanic/Sea Islands; and
- Any other areas jointly decided upon.